Maritime English course
To be safe at sea you need to be able to communicate effectively in English. This maritime English course has been specifically designed with seafarers or mariners in mind.
As well as improving your general English you will learn industry specific vocabulary which will help you avoid any misunderstandings at sea.
This is a tailor-made course for companies and private clients.
Specific areas that you may want us to cover include distress, urgency and safety communications, port operations, on-board communications and social interactions.
We also have one open group course date in February. See below.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Speak more confidently and clearly in English
- Know how to use and pronounce English maritime communication phrases
- Communicate better with other seafarers / crew / mariners
- Prevent accidents
This course is normally delivered at our training centre
in central London. However, we also offer in-company and interactive web-based training. Please enquire for details.
Book this course
Closed groups: £830 per person (2-6 people)
plus £60 registration fee per person
Maximum per group:
5 days / 25 hours
9:30 - 15:30 (1 hour lunch) Monday - Friday
Professional Language Solutions certificate
* Classes start every day except weekends and when it falls on a public holiday.
Visit our Contact us
page for a list of all UK public holidays.
This course is ideal for:
- Anyone working in the maritime industry whose first language is not English
- Members of the military and merchant navy or cruise ship employees
- Anyone who works in the on-shore maritime sector
- Members of the coastguard
- Marine engineers, vessel masters, offshore installation managers
- Maritime experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ teaching English experience
- In-house and published maritime English training materials
+44 (0)20 7689 1900
Quick enquiry form