English language test for aviation (RELTA)
What is RELTA?
RELTA is a test of aviation English for pilots and Air Traffic Controllers, developed by RMIT, the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology. RELTA is fully compliant with ICAO language proficiency requirements, and is endorsed by the civil aviation authorities of over 20 countries.
RELTA is the world’s most popular test of aviation English, with over 20,000 successful candidates to date.
RELTA tests a candidate’s ability to use plain English in an aviation context, and standard ICAO phraseology. The test comprises two parts: speaking and listening, and is conducted live by qualified examiners and then marked externally by RMIT raters.
Why take RELTA?
- ICAO compliant test designed by industry and academic experts – RMIT and Quantas
- International recognition and credibility
- Tests all 6 ICAO levels and all 6 ICAO assessment areas
- Tests the use and comprehension of plain English and standard ICAO phraseology for radiotelephony
- Different versions for pilots (ATPL/CPL, PPL) and controllers (TWR, APP, ACC)
We currently only provide RELTA for large group bookings from the same organisation.
It is not available for private individual bookings.
Register your interest
RELTA - English Language Test for Aviation
RMIT - Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
Speaking and Listening
7 working days
14-21 working days
Who recognises RELTA:
RELTA is recognised by civil aviation authorities in over 20 countries, including:
- Asia, Middle East, Africa and Europe, South America
- For full details refer to www.relta.org
How to prepare:
Our Aviation English course
which will help you to prepare for RELTA. Please note we only run RELTA for large group bookings.
RELTA is available on request for large group bookings only from the same organisation. It is not currently available for individual private bookings.
+44 (0)20 7689 1900
Quick enquiry form